So, I finally decided to make the switch! I mentioned in my Brazilian Wax video, my previous deodorant broke me out REALLY BAD! It was so bad that I new I couldn’t go on any longer. I had contemplated and every attempted to go natural before, but I was way to scared to fully commit. Well, I am proud to say that I have officially detoxed and am now 100% using all natural deodorant. Before I share some of the best natural deodorants that I’ve discovered this year.
First things First
It is important to note that when you first switch to natural deodorant, you WILL NEED TO DETOX before you start to see the best and most effective results. How do you detox? Don’t worry sis, I got you covered.
There is no one way to go about this, therefore, I will be listing the different things that I did to detox. Please keep in mind that these steps or tips are not listed in any particular chronological order nor are they in an order of importance. Now let’s get to it…
- Drinking more water will help you flush out some of the toxins and bacteria that has been clogged up in your armpits due to the aluminum and other ingredients that block the pores.
- Use backing soda and apple cider vinegar. Using these products help
- A Bentonite Clay Mask also helps draw out those underarm impurities, much like it does when you apply it to your face.
- Dry Brushing is a great general particle to use all over the body, but it is especially good to do under your armpits when you are trying to make the switch to aluminum free deodorant.
- Trying different formulas is also a good way to aid in your detox or transition period. Truthfully, some brands may work for you and some may not. So it is important to explore your options during this phase to see how your body responds to different natural deodorants.
What to Avoid
If you are really serious about making the switch, you must still be diligent about reading ingredient lists and what all is in your deodorant of choice. Just because a deodorant say it’s ALUMINUM FREE, that doesn’t mean it’s still all natural. You want to be sure to steer away from the formulas that still include propylene glycol, parabens, TEA, DEA, Triclosan, and artificial colors.
These ingredients are still very harmful to your body and have tendencies to clog pores. These are just thinks to keep in mind in addition to the absence of aluminum.
The Best of the Best Natural Deodorants
These are the deodorants that I personally have tried and LOVED. I can personally say that these are free of those pesky ingredients that you want to avoid, they smell AMAZING, and they keep me from smelling like I just got out of a sweat shop.