This post is sponsored by Schnucks Market, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
The kiddos went back to school this week and boy was it a roller coaster! They had “Meet the Teacher” on Monday, started classes on Tuesday, and by Wednesday my oldest announces that he is officially OVER riding the bus, ALREADY! He says, “Mommy, its just too STRESSFUL…The kids are just too wild, too loud and too much for me.” While we have been dealing with a lot of craziness this Back to School season, one this I could count on was Schnucks Market saving my life with their quick, easy, and kid friendly recipes for breakfast, lunch and snack time!
Every month, Schnucks releases their magazine, Simply Schnucks, with new and exciting recipes of meals and snacks to help make life easier. The August edition was definitely a GODSEND for our family for heading back to school. We sat down with our kiddos, and let them decide what they wanted to make themselves for breakfast, lunch and snack time. They decided on Sheet Pancakes, Super Hero Hoagie Sandwich, and the Peanut Butter-Flies.
I thought this talk was going to be a hot mess with 4 little ones, but it turned out to be nothing like I expected. All of the recipes were extremely fun and easy to make. The kiddos had a blast and looked forward to enjoying the fruits of their labor each day.
Related Post: 10 Steps to Get Kids into Back to School Mode
Check them out below and be sure to give them a try. You can find an archive of all the Simply Schnucks editions, here. It’s like finding a gold mine, so don’t miss out!
But First, Breakfast!
SHEET PAN PANCAKES INGREDIENTS
- 4 Cups Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 Cups toppings of your choice (i.e. Bananas, Blueberries, Chocolate Chips, Peaches, Strawberries, and nuts)
- Syrup for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix Bisquick, eggs, milk, and vanilla until combined
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly
- Evenly distribute toppings across the batter
- Bake for 20-25 min
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days. Reheat in microwave before serving
Let’s Do Lunch!
Super Hero Hoagie Sandwich Ingredients
- Sliced Honey Baked Ham
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Shredded Lettuce
- Hoagie Buns
- Slice Buns, and Tomatoes
- Fill buns with desired ingredients
The sandwiches we SO simply to put together. They actually tasted so good that my husband even made a few to take fun lunch himself! I wasn’t sure if they kiddos were going to like the sliced tomatoes. They love pico de gallo so we tried to use that instead and it worked out perfect.
We had left over lettuce and pico de gallo from our #TacoTuesday…that actually occurred on Friday. So, this was a perfect way to repurpose those ingredients. Hey, we’re saying money and eating healthy so it’s a WIN WIN situation for us!
Gimmie All the Snacks!
Peanut Butter-Flies Ingredients
- 2 medium ribs celery
- 1/3 cup RX Nut Butter or Creamy Peanut Butter of choice
- 12 tiny pretzel twists
- 24 dried raisins or cranberries
- 12 Wilton candy eyeballs, located in baking aisle
- Cut each celery rib into thirds.
- Fill centers with peanut butter.
- Carefully break the bottom loop off each pretzel twist and insert the 2 broken pieces next to each other at one end of each piece of celery to resemble antennas.
- Place 2 mini morsels under pretzels on each piece of celery to resemble eyes.
- Place the remaining pretzel pieces behind the antennas to resemble wings.
- Arrange 4 raisins or cranberries between the wings.
So, only 2 of my 4 kids enjoyed this snack. I really tried to sneak something healthy in there, but I may have over did it with the celery. Oh well. I can’t win them all. Right? Because I was just so shocked at them actually wanting tomatoes on their sandwiches so, I think I can let this one slide. I will definitely be on the Simply Schnucks page to see what other healthy snacks I can get my children to indulge in next time. I can’t wait…and neither can they, for obvious reasons!